Limited Warranty and Duration
ESS Laboratories, LLC warrants the product designated herein to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, subject to the conditions and for a period set forth below. This Warranty expires on the anniversary of the date of delivery. The Limited Warranty period on ESS Labs products is as follows:
- One (1) Year – Floorstanding and bookshelf speakers
- One (1) Year – Headphones.
How can you be sure to find a current authorized ESS Dealer?
Only dealers found on the following page are current authorized ESS Labs dealers. Goods purchased from any entity not found on these lists list are not entitled to ESS Labs Limited Warranty coverage:
What is required for the Limited Warranty of ESS products?
- Purchase of a new ESS Labs product from an authorized ESS Labs dealer or distributor in the United States or Canada;
- A copy of the original receipt of sale from an authorized ESS Labs dealer or distributor in the United States or Canada.
- Warranty begins on the date of delivery;
- A copy of the original sales receipt from an authorized ESS Labs dealer or distributor in the United States or Canada is required for any warranty work;
- This Warranty is for the sole benefit of the original purchaser of the covered product, is restricted to the original purchaser, and requires the purchase of a new product;
- This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser of the product;
- Warranty applies to product in normal home use only. If product is subjected to any conditions outlined in the next section, warranty is void;
- Warranty does not apply if the product is used in professional or commercial applications.
The Warranty is Void or Inapplicable if:
- The product was not purchased from an authorized ESS Labs dealer or distributor in the United States or Canada;
- The serial number has been removed or defaced;
- The product has been used in conjunction with unsuitable or faulty equipment;
- The product has been abused or misused, damaged by accident or neglect, or in being transported;
- The defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than ESS Labs or an authorized ESS Labs repair center.
- Provide normal/reasonable operating care and maintenance;
- Prior to returning a product to ESS Labs for repairs covered by the Limited Warranty, the dealer from whom the speaker was purchased should first be contacted to see if they can resolve the issue;
If a product is returned to ESS Labs for warranty work:
- The product must be properly packaged and shipped to ESS Labs or an authorized ESS Labs repair center by the customer at his or her sole expense;
- The product must be returned with a return label obtained from the ESS Labs service department (email@example.com);
- The product must be accompanied by a written description of the defect and proof of the date of purchase in the form of a copy of the original sales receipt from an authorized ESS Labs dealer or distributor.
Warranty Outside of the United States and Canada
This warranty applies only to purchases made from authorized ESS Labs dealers and distributors in the United States and Canada. For warranty terms, conditions, and support elsewhere, please contact the authorized ESS Labs distributor in the country where your purchase was made. Warranty outside the US and Canada is established and provided by authorized ESS Labs distributors around the world.
Refurbished Products Warranty Information
ESS Labs refurbished products may be lightly pre-owned, demonstration, test products, or factory closeouts that have undergone rigorous inspection to ensure they meet ESS Lab's strict quality standards for both sonic performance and mechanical integrity. We back every refurbished product with a Refurbished product warranty.
Our refurbished products are packaged in factory packaging, complete with all documentation and where applicable, the accessories that normally ship with the product. On occasion, refurbished products may contain minor cosmetic blemishes, but will sonically perform to our industry leading full performance standards.
Each refurbished product:
- Has undergone rigorous inspections to ensure it meets our strict quality standards.
- Is put through full testing to guarantee optimal sonic performance and mechanical integrity.
- Is supplied with complete documentation.
- Is supplied with a one (1) year non-cosmetic warranty (headphones offer a 30-day warranty).
- Where applicable, is supplied with cables and accessories.
- Is given a new refurbished serial number.
- May have minor cosmetic blemishes.
In the event the product fails during the warranty period and the above conditions are met, the purchaser's sole remedy under this Warranty shall be to return the product to ESS Labs or an authorized ESS Labs repair center where the defect will be rectified without charge for parts or labor.
ESS Labs reserves the right to modify the design of any product without obligation to purchaser of previously manufactured products and to change the prices or specifications of any product without notice or obligation to any person.
Any implied warranties relating to the above product shall be limited to the duration of the above Warranty. This Warranty does not extend to any incidental or consequential costs or damages to the purchaser. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or an exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This Warranty represents a limited warranty as per definition by the Federal Trade Commission (Magnuson-Moss Act).